We all have that little glitter in our veins to make life beautiful. So let’s stay stylish with our little imperfections she advised
StlyAndYou’s – Tavleen Dhingra gets real about blogging and the perks that come with it.
- Can you tell our readers about yourself and your blog?
I am Tavleen and blogging is my passion. I have studied Fashion business management from P earl Academy and styling from School of image styling. I am an entrepreneur at heart and have represented Asia at Global James Mcguire business plan competition in Washington DC. Have also attended the World leadership forums and styling seminars in Los Angeles. My love for blogging started when I was styling various shoots at the multi-brand online portal and then started writing about fashion. I try and make my blog unique by writing about the unseen side of fashion. About what’s new in fashion and latest beauty trends. My aim is to make my blog informative and should have content through which people learn new things related to the amazing world of fashion.
- Describe how did you first get involved into blogging? What inspired you to start your blog?
My blog is around 3 months old and blogging was my passion. I had taken up blogging in college where I made personal blogs and then thought of taking it up professionally and started writing a fashion, lifestyle and beauty blog.
- Which genre and niche do you write on? What do you love most about blogging?
The best part about blogging is the amazing people you meet and new things you get to learn at events you attend and of course the best perks of being a blogger is you get free goodies.
- What is your blogging style and philosophy?
My blogging style is very personal. I love giving genuine reviews on apps, products and everything I put on the blog. I like to have my own take on things and give a personal touch to my blog.
- Who according to you should take up blogging as a full time career?
People who love the glamour world and have strong writing skills should take up blogging. You should be an extrovert because there would be a lot of events that you would have to attend and many people you would have to interact with.
- As a blogger, what aspects do you expect newbie bloggers to work upon?
I feel the newbie bloggers enter into blogging thinking that this is like getting free money and a platform where you get free goodies but there is a lot of hard work and patience, which is required in this field.
- With more and more bloggers joining taking up blogging as a career, do you think blogging will become yet another rat race?
Blogging has become a rat race already but new bloggers do not understand the essence of blogging. You need to have well planned social media calendars, shoots on time and your writing skills should be different and your pictures should speak 1000 words.
- Can you name some of your favorite bloggers and explain why they are your favorites?
I really like Miss Coco Queen as she knows what she is doing nd how to do it right. Her v-logs are also very stylish.
- What do you find the most frustrating aspect of blogging?
When people tell you that we will send you free goodies instead of cash while you collaborate with them. People need to understand that blogging is also a profession and not just an activity one takes up as past time.
- Is blogging your profession or just a hobby?
It started off as my hobby but now it has become a profession.
- What do you do when you aren’t working on your blog?
I am also a brand developer and consultant. I have my own fashion consultancy.
- How frequently do you update your blog and are you satisfied with it?
I do it twice a week mostly.
- What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
Getting people to read your blog and spreading awareness about it is very difficult. In this world of snapchat, people have almost lost their reading habits.
- What is the biggest difference in your life post-blogging?
Along with a blogger you also become a socialite. People start recognizing you and it is quite fun.
- Did you have any professional help or did you created the blog yourself?
I started my blog on my own. It is on wordpress for now. I made the SEO strategies everything with my team and I did a course in digital media marketing which helped.
- What’s your blog promotion strategy? How do you ensure you keep acquired new readers and how do you retain your existing readerbase?
I feel content is king. I update new content on my blog every now and the. Other than that I ensure I put the best of pictures which people like. I also have an instagram page through which I feel I get direct audience as the people on Instagram are more interested in fashion and the page likes are more organic.
- What message would you like to give to the bloggers of the world?
Happy blogging. Let’s empower the world and make it a better and more fashionable place…!!
- What would you say that is the greatest satisfaction of being a blogger?
You know you are making the world more stylish and you know your opinion counts.
- Your feedback for blogging.co.in?
It is an amazing platform which is helping people earn money online and create their brand.