Social Media has become a key ingredient of life. Everyone wants to use social media platform to share their opinions, feelings ,for better communication , to obtain and share information, etc. More than a need it has become a trend to be on social media . But as we know nothing in excess is good, one can easily get addicted to social media. So no matter how many advantages it has. There are many disadvantages of using social media .
- Here are 5 negative effects of social media –
- Health problems – Anything in excess is harmful for us . With excess usage of social media one becomes lazy enough to take care of their health. It can cause common vision problems, obesity and other mental problems. It is very important to draw a line while using social media otherwise it can cause a lot of health problems.
- Cyberbullying- Cyberbullying has become a major problem for social media users. Most of the children have become victims of cyberbullying. With the help of fake accounts people find it easier to bully people on social media as they cannot be traced . Rumours, threats and many other ways can be used for cyberbullying.
- Relationship Issues – Some of you might find it strange that how does social media create relationship issues. But it’s true. These days social media has become a platform to not only befriend someone but also in expressing feelings and getting into a relationship. However, It is difficult to decide if the feelings are true or not. One can easily cheat and fool someone by showing fake feelings or giving incorrect information about themselves.
- Privacy or security issues – Anyone can easily invade your privacy by hacking your account and can have access to your personal information and misuse it. The hacker can send wrong messages to anyone through your account which can take a toll on you.
- Jealousy – Now this is the one of the most common effects of social media. Everyone shows the best side of their life over social media and sometimes it can cause jealousy to some people.