Fashion has always been the key to how women present themselves to the world, and how society has wanted to present women to the world.Fashion is to wear something comfortable and trendy at the same time.It is not about looking different but also the way you carry yourself. However, there are a number of facts about fashion that many of you might not be aware of.
So here are 5 facts about fashion and its origin :
- FASHION CAPITALS OF THE WORLD- New york, london, milan and paris are the four major fashion capitals of the world. These cities holds several fashion weeks and shows every year.
- THE FIRST FASHION MAGAZINE- The first ever fashion magazine was published in Germany in the year 1586.Ben Franklin was the man behind this idea of publishing a magazine with the title, THE GENERAL MAGAZINE, and Historical Chronicle for all the british plantations in america.
- COTTON IS MOST PRECIOUS – Cotton is the world’s most popular natural fibre as they are very comfortable and easy to wash . They are prefered during the summer season.
- AVERAGE EARNINGS- The fashion industry is capable of generating an average revenue of $20 billion each year which is pretty well.
- VINTAGE VS RETRO CLOTHING – There are many confusions about the terms vintage and retro clothing. Vintage clothing refers to clothes made between 20 and 100 years ago. Whereas, Retro clothing means to design clothes to resemble the style of another period.
- SNEAKERHEAD – You all must have come across a word called “Sneakerhead” but do you know what it means? Well, it is referred to someone who is a big fan of collecting shoes.
These were some mind blowing facts about fashion that not many people are aware of.