1. Blogging is not a get rich quick scheme :
Blogging doesn’t pay off in the short term. At-least not with your first few blogs. When you speak with pro-bloggers you will realize that they failed in their first few blogs. Rarely do you find people who got their blogging career right in a short duration and the only thing that got them there is their undying enthusiasm, passion and positive outlook. Blogging is a long term gig, and it won’t pay off atleast for a first few months, so it’s EXTREMELY important that you be committed to it for a long run.
2. Blogging is all about being social.
You have to write for a specific audience and ensure that each word you write adds tremendous value to your readers. Give in plenty and you will get in abundance. Ensure that you are writing and helping the right audience. Along side build great relations with fellow bloggers. Support them and get their support.
3. Blogging is no different than building a business
In business you set up your short term and long term goals laid out clearly. You need to be careful with drafting your content calendar to include not only what’s inspirational for today but with that will serve you evergreen traffic.
4. Celebrate and rejoice every moment of the journey.
Most older people know that it’s not the destination they have reached but the journey that counted. If you want to build a great blog, it will happen one day at a time with one amazing blog post every day. You have to keep that journey on with the same enthusiasm regardless of the results. If you have got a facebook like, celebrate it. If you got a blog comment, be enthusiastic about it. It’s the journey that matters.
5. Your Blog is ALL YOU
1. Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.
– Mary Kay Ash, Founder of Mary Kay Cosmetics
Takeaway: Even the sky shouldn’t be your limit!
2. Chase the vision, not the money; the money will end up following you.
– Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos
Takeaway: Think of what you can achieve, and not what you can earn.
3. I knew that if I failed I wouldn’t regret that, but I knew the one thing I might regret is not trying.
– Jeff Bezos, Founder and CEO of Amazon
Takeaway: Try and keep on trying till you succeed.
4. You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing and falling over.
– Richard Branson, Founder of Virgin Group
Takeaway: Throw away that rule book and just DO it!
5. Don’t be afraid to assert yourself, have confidence in your abilities and don’t let the bastards get you down.
– Michael Bloomberg, Founder of Bloomberg L.P.
Takeaway: Don’t let the words offend you; look for the deeper significance.
How’s it working out for you? Drop in a line as a comment and we’d love to stay in touch with you in your blogging journey.